Shahi Paneer Recipe
Shahi Paneer recipe is my fourth recipe in the Paneer recipes series. In this recipe soft paneer cubes are cooked in a creamy, buttery gravy prepared with ghee (clarified butter), cashewnuts, onions, tomatoes and spices.
Ingredients for Shahi Paneer Recipe:
- Paneer (Indian cottage cheese) - 250 gms
- Ghee - 4 tbsp.
- Onion – 1 (chopped into strips)
- Ginger - 1/2 inch piece (chopped finely)
- Green chillies – 2 (chopped finely)
- Curd - 1/4 cup
- Red chilli powder - 1/2 tsp.
- Garam masala - 1/2 tsp.
- Milk - 1/2 cup
- Tomato sauce - 2 tbsp.
- Tomatoes – 4 (chopped finely)
- Cardamom – 2 (crushed)
- Cashew nuts – 10 (made into a paste)
- Salt to taste
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
Serving: 4-6 people
Shahi Paneer Recipe Cooking Method:
- Cut the Paneer into medium sized cubes. Take a pan on medium heat. Add 1 tbsp ghee and fry the paneer cubes for around 3 minutes and keep it aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp. ghee in a pan. Add onion,ginger, green chilli and cardamom. Fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and cook for 7-8 minutes with the lid covered on the pan.
- Add curd and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup water and allow the contents to cool.
- Blend in a blender till smooth.
- Heat remaining ghee and add gravy.
- To this add tomato sauce, chilli powder and garam masala.
- Boil to get a very thick gravy.
- Now add milk, cashew nut paste and paneer. Mix well and boil for 3-4 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and serve the Shahi Paneer hot.