Fried Chicken Kebab (Kabab) Recipe
Most of the Chicken Kebab or Kabab recipes are the skewed and grilled or tandoor variety where the chicken chunks are marinated in special spices and then grilled on skewers or cooked in tandoor. This is so even though the word Kabab or Kebab in Arabic actually means fried meat and not grilled meat.
This Chicken Kebab recipe is different in that the marinated chicken are fried instead of being grilled and it tastes heavenly.
Chicken Kebab Recipe Ingredients:
- Chicken – 1 kg/2.2 lbs
- Cooking Oil - As required for deep frying
Chicken Marinade Ingredients:
- Maida (All purpose flour) – 4 tbsp (tablespoon)
- Corn Starch – 2 tbsp
- Eggs – 2
- Ginger Garlic paste – 2tbsp
- Lemon – 2 medium size
- Red Chili powder – 2 tbsp
- Garam Masala – 2 tsp (teaspoon)
- Dhania (Coriander) powder – 1 tsp
- Jeera (Cumin) powder – 1 tbsp
- Kebab powder – 1 tsp (optional)
- Green chili – 3 nos (finely chopped)
- Ginger – 1 tsp (finely chopped)
- Coriander or cilantro leaves – 2 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Food color powder – 1/4 tsp (optional)
- Oil for deep frying
- Salt to taste
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Marination time: 4 hours
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Serving: 4-6 people
Chicken Kebab Recipe Cooking Method:
- Break the eggs into a container and whisk them using a spoon.
- Add all the above ingredients except the chicken and mix well.
- If the paste is too thick then you can add more lemon juice or little water.
- Once a thick paste is formed, taste the marinade and then based on your taste needs you can add more of the ingredients.
- Then add the chicken pieces and coriander leaves and mix well until every chicken piece is evenly coated with the marinade.
- Now set aside the marinated chicken for about 4 hours. These 4 hours are important to allow the flavors from the marinade to get into the chicken.
- Heat the cooking oil on a heavy-bottomed pan and deep fry the kebabs till golden as seen in the picture (Note: The dark color in the picture is the result of using food color).
- Allow the Chicken Kebabs to cool on paper towels. Serve hot with onion slices and lemon pieces.