Red Chili Tomato Chutney Recipe
- Tomatoes - 2 large chopped
- Onion - 1/2 medium sized
- Green Chilli - 4 nos
- Red Chilli powder - 1/4 tsp
- Cumin seeds(Jeera) - 1/2 tsp
- Garlic cloves - 3 nos
- Ginger - 1/4 inch piece
- Asafoetida (Hing) - 1 pinch
- Coriander or Cilantro - 1 tbsp finely chopped
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Mustard - 1/4 tsp
- Dry Red Chilli - 2 nos
- Curry Leaves - 5-6 nos
- Salt to taste
1. Heat oil in a cooking vessel on medium heat. Add jeera, hing, tomato, onion, green chilli and garlic cloves.
2. Saute for 10-15 minutes.
3. Then allow the mixture to cool down.
4. Add chopped coriander, ginger, chilli powder and salt.
5. Grind all these in a mixer or grinder to a semi-liquid (chutney) consistently. You can add water during this process accordingly to get whatever consistency you desire.
6. For tadka, heat the oil in a pan. Add mustard and when it begins to crackle add red chilli and curry leaves.
7. After a couple of minutes add the tadka to the chutney.
Now the Tomato Chutney is ready to be served with steaming hot idlis.